Cook’s Store was located at the intersection of Route 183 and Glendale Middle Road in the Glendale section of Stockbridge. The rare postcard view shown above was published circa 1908. The emporium was later known as The Glendale Store, and was home to the village post office for more than 100 years.
In the late 1950s, the post office moved several lots north to its present site, where it is now scheduled to be closed by the U.S. Postal Service. In 1963, shortly after an interior restoration, the old store collapsed from the weight of snow on its roof. The site is now a town park.








