News Briefs: Early voting to begin; Mass Pike lane closuresMore Info
Early voting to begin in South County
Berkshire County — Town clerks have notified The Edge that early voting for the November elections will be held for two weeks during the regular business hours of each town clerk’s office Monday, Oct. 22, through Friday, Nov. 2, unless otherwise noted. The location of the voting will be the Town Hall of each town listed unless otherwise noted. Links to town clerks’ web pages are on the names of each town.
Alford: Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
Egremont: Monday through Friday from 1 to 3 p.m.; Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
Great Barrington: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Lee: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monterey: Mondays from 9 a.m. to noon; Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to noon; and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mount Washington: Call Gail Garrett at (413) 528-9264 to arrange an appointment to vote early.
New Marlborough: Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 27, from 9 to 11 a.m.
Otis: Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
Richmond: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 27 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.; and Friday, Nov. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sandisfield: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m.
Sheffield: Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Thursday, Oct. 25, and Friday, Nov. 2, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Saturday, Oct. 27, from 9 a.m. to noon.
Stockbridge: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 27, from 9 a.m. to noon.
West Stockbridge: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
* * *
MassDOT announces Mass Pike lane closures
Boston — The Massachusetts Department of Transportation has announced that, beginning Tuesday, Oct. 9, and continuing through Friday, Oct. 12, there will be various daytime and overnight lane closures on I-90 east- and westbound in West Stockbridge, Becket and Lee. These impacts are necessary to allow crews and contractors to safely and effectively carry out construction operations. The full list of impacts is as follows:
- West Stockbridge – Intermittent overnight lane closures will be in place on I-90 eastbound Tuesday, Oct. 9, through Friday, Oct. 12, from approximately 7:30 p.m. through 4 a.m.
- Becket – Intermittent overnight lane closures will be in place on I-90 westbound Tuesday, Oct. 9, through Friday, Oct. 12, from approximately 7:30 p.m. through 4 a.m.
- Lee – Two lanes will be closed on I-90 east- and westbound from approximately Wednesday, Oct. 10, at 9 p.m. through Thursday, Oct. 11, at 6 a.m.
Signage and messaging will be in place to notify drivers of the traffic impacts. Those traveling through the area should reduce speed and use caution. The schedule for this work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions;
- Visit mass511.com, which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions;
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions; and
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.