Several new stories this week for your reading pleasure in The Edge Real Estate section:
- Property of the Week – We highlight the Gen. John Ashley House in Sheffield, Mass. Built in 1762, a true American Treasure, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- What’s on the Market – This week we feature homes with gorgeous mountain views. Lose yourself in the beauty of the Berkshires.
- “Transformations” – This week, landscape designer Craig Okerstom-Lang takes us through the creation of a stunning “scissor staircase.”
- Weekly real estate transactions for Berkshire County and northern Litchfield County
- Market Perspectives – Artist, child psychologist and musician Carolyn Newberger offers the second of two articles exploring the psychological dimensions of selling the old family home, downsizing and moving to a smaller house in the woods in Lenox.
- Home & Garden – In “The Lineup,” Lee Buttala, The Self-Taught Gardener, derides the influence of military thinking on gardens that leads to rows of plants all lined up like soldiers. Personally, Lee prefers guerilla tactics.