Small enough to undo in two years. And boy, is Faso aware of winning on Trump’s
coattails – he has refused to hold any town halls during Congressional recess,
earning himself the nickname of “No-Show Faso.”Faso is a smooth-talking lawyer and career politician whose track record – against corruption, for the environment, for women’s health, for gun safety – is abysmal.And now that he’s entered the big leagues in Washington, he is a happy rubberstamp for the Trump Agenda. A few examples so far:
- Faso has approved all of Trump’s cronies-and-wackos appointments.
- He has opposed several House efforts to seek disclosure on Trump’s myriad conflicts of interest. He says ‘the people voted – they know and don’t care.’
- He is in favor of rushing to approve Ryancare — which will dump 75 percent of his district’s newly insured, and will particularly penalize older people – up to 5 times what youngsters will pay.
- He is pro-life even though New York State supports safe and legal abortion.
- He voted in favor of Trump’s massive military build-up.
- Faso is a gun nut: he actually co-sponsored the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.
- He voted in favor of letting oil and gas producers dump waste gas into the air.
- He voted to repeal the Stream Protection Rule, so coal producers can now dump freely into streams.
- Faso opposed a bill seeking a robust investigation into Russian meddling in the campaign.
- Faso supports having local sheriffs act as immigration enforcement officers.
- Faso supports building ‘the wall.’
This scary record stretches back decades. In 2001, Faso opposed dredging the Hudson for PCB’s, while accepting large contributions from GE. In 2010, Faso’s law firm was fined over $500,000 by New York State for corruption, in helping clients win business from government pension funds.
It’s so nice to have Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey representing us in Congress. It’s so SAD that John Faso is just miles away, aiding and abetting the Trump Agenda. So we need to help our neighbors, and Swing Left in taking back NY19.
It’s time to take back the House.