Annual Giving Manager
Posted on September 14, 2017
|Job Status:||Full Time|
|Job Location:||Great Barrington, MA|
|Company Name:||Bard College at Simons Rock|
|Category:||Marketing / Fundraising|
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Annual Giving Manager’s primary role is to plan and implement all aspects of yearly activities for The Fund for Simon’s Rock. This includes renewing and increasing the gifts of current donors, acquiring new contributors, identifying and cultivating leadership giving prospects, and meeting annual fundraising goals for operating revenue.
- Soliciting donors through visits, social media, e-mail, text, video, crowdsource platforms, volunteer management, and events
- Producing marketing anchors for fundraising drives and coordinating e-mail, social media, event, individual, and other outreach for these drives
- Managing the Provost Circle of donors who contribute $1,000 to $4,999 in a given year to Simon’s Rock, ensuring that recent members are renewed and that membership increases
- Increasing membership in a participation-based giving society
- Ensuring The Fund for Simon’s Rock has reciprocal value for all members of the Simon’s Rock community
Requirements & Qualifications
Preferred candidates will have three or more years of fundraising experience, ideally in education or a mission-driven organization of regional-to-national scale. Comfort with fundraising tools such as Banner, Evertrue/Givingtree, GiveCampus, and Hustle is helpful. Facility with mobile technology is desired. General familiarity with design programs and video creation is a plus.
Also sought is an individual with knowledge of best practices and trends in the field along with the ability to adapt them effectively to a unique institution. Comfort with both planning and improvisation, conceptualization and execution, and playing multiple roles on a small and cohesive team is necessary. Experience in using data to make decisions is expected. The ability to embrace change and ambiguity with humor is key.
How to Apply
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Rich Montone, Director of Institutional Advancement, at email@example.com with “Annual Giving Manager” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.